Discover who stands in the provisional Olympic qualification spots by weapon as of today, 24.04.2017.
FIE to inform NOCs of the results of the zone qualifying events and quota places allocated
Official FIE ranking competitions that count towards qualification from April 3
Individual qualification for the weapons with no team event
The 8 highest ranked fencers on the FIE individual AOR by zone, with one fencer per country (2 from Europe, 2 from Asia-Oceania, 2 from America and 2 from Africa);
The 10 fencers from the zone qualifying events, which are open only to countries that do not have any qualified fencer in the weapon concerned as per the previous two criteria – with a maximum of one fencer per country per weapon – (4 from Europe, 3 from Asia-Oceania, 2 from America and 1 from Africa)
- In no case may a country qualify more than 2 fencers per weapon through the 1st and 2nd criteria.
- For the weapons with no team event, only the two (2) highest ranked fencers by country and by weapon are kept, while all the other names are removed from the list.
Qualification for the weapons with a team event
The highest ranked team from each zone among the teams ranked from 5th to 16th position on the FIE Official Team Ranking
- If a zone is not represented in the ranking positions between 5th and 16th position on the FIE Official Team Ranking, the next team on the FIE Official Team Ranking will qualify, irrespective of its zone.
- The teams will be made up of 3 fencers.
The 7 highest ranked fencers on the individual FIE AOR* by zone (2 from Europe, 2 from Asia-Oceania, 2 from America and 1 from Africa), with a maximum of one fencer per country.
The 4 highest ranked fencers from the zone qualifying event (1 from Europe, 1 from Asia-Oceania, 1 from America and 1 from Africa), with a maximum of one fencer per country.
- In no case may a country qualify more than 3 fencers per weapon.
- Qualification through the individual AOR by zone is reserved for countries that do not have any fencers qualified through team qualification.
- Only countries which do not have any fencers qualified through the team qualification, or through the individual Adjusted Official Ranking by zone, can participate (1 fencer per country) in the respective zone qualifying events.
- The Individual Adjusted Official Ranking (AOR) is the FIE Official Ranking which is modified as follows: the names of all the fencers by country and by weapon, who have qualified through team qualification, are removed from the list. For the other countries, only the highest ranked fencers by country, by zone and by weapon are kept.
For the following information:
Please, refer to the official qualification criteria: